Parish News - April 2021
Pattern of services
As from 14th March the pattern of services is as follows:
Sunday 9.30am livestream Eucharist via our YouTube channel
Sunday 11.00am public Eucharist at St Oswald's, Warton
Wednesday 9.30am public Eucharist at St John's, Yealand
Thursday 11.00am public Eucharist at St Mary's, Borwick
- A maximum of 50 people can attend the service at St Oswald's; a maximum of 30 people can attend the sevice at St Johns; a maximum of 24 people can attend the service at St Mary's. We have decided not to use a booking system, so if more people come than the capacity permits, those not able to stay will be given priority the following week.
- You will be asked to give your name and contact phone number to assist with NHS Test & Trace requests.
- On entry and exit you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser.
- Two-metre social distancing will be maintained.
- The wearing of a face covering is mandatory.
- At Oswald's on Sunday, there will be an organist, a single chorister singing, but no congregational singing.
- Communion will be administered in one kind (bread) only.
- Refreshments will not be served after the service.
- The toilet will be available during the service.
- The service sheet will be downloadable from our website. Whilst there will be orders of service available that need to be taken away afterwards, we would invite you to download it on to your mobile device to bring to the service.
Please note the following Government advice.
• Anyone who is feeling unwell, or showing any COVID symptoms, or who has been in recent contact with someone who has COVID 19, must not enter the building, and if anyone who has visited develops symptoms please tell us immediately.
• People who are shielding should stay at home as much as possible and follow the instructions given by the government and the NHS. People who are in vulnerable groups are asked to think very carefully about staying safe.
It is important that we bring these matters to your attention so that you can make the best decision for yourself and others.
As we look to the future we intend to offer both public and online services to support our Church life. Please do feed back to us your comments, questions and encouragements!
Back to top of page
Churches open for individual prayer
From 14th March each of our churches will be open for individual prayer during the times shown on the poster. Hand sanitiser will be available, people are asked to maintain social distancing and the wearing of a face covering is mandatory. We look forward to welcoming you into our buildings to rest, to be still, to pray.
Back to top of page